This weeks prompt was to see what could be accomplished in 10 minutes. I set the timer and this is what I accomplished.
I used pink and purple alcohol ink for the background. Then I used some stamps in purple and turquoise on dictionary pages and cut them out. I glued them down, then used a heart stencil on a dictionary page which I colored with red gellato and purple alcohol ink.
Then my time was up.
I will leave this page as is for the challenge but I will probably recreate the page so I can finish it.
I liked that I didn't have time to think, I just let myself create.
The prompt this week was the road less challenged. I had no idea what to do when I was looking through an issue of O magazine and an idea formed.
I used pink and blue alcohol ink, then free handed a tree trunk. I used an ink pad and stamp to stamp the leaves on the trees then used stamps and black ink for the words.
The prompt this week was positive change. My page represents the change from negative self talk to a better higher self esteem and better self talk.
I started this page once again with some homemade alcohol ink. I used a blue, a yellow, and a grey.
The flowers I did with the same blue and grey and a stencil.mi covered them with a thin layer of gesso as they were too bright.
After cutting the picture from an O magazine page, I glued it down. Then using a stencil and my Pitt pens I stenciled the words on top. I free handed the words on the bottom. Then used a aquamarine and a black archival ink to stamp the remaining words.
I began this page by using homemade alcohol inks in 2 shades of purple and turquoise. While that dried I stamped some flowers and leaves onto junk mail. I colored them in using my neocolor ii. Then I cut them out.
I decided to add some texture to my page using modeling paste and a circle stencil I made. Satisfied I glued my flowers leaves down. For the top I used a stamp to stamp my circles on junk mail, then colored using neocolor ii and cut them out. I applied them to the top.mthen decided I needed something else. I rifled through my scrap stuff and happened upon the mushroom. After adding that, I used a stencil and a Pitt pen for my quote, which imalsomdid on junk mail. After gluing that down, I decided the top needed something. I mixed yellow acrylic paint with modeling paste. Then I used that with a stencil for the stars. After using a drier on that, I added the bird which I found in my scrap bin.
I started this page by browsing quotes. When I found one I liked, I used stencils and a grey Pitt brush marker on card stock I had previously used gel sticks on. I gessoed my page as usual then used grey gel stick very lightly on the background. I used homemade spray alcohol ink (silver turquoise) on top of the grey. Then using a black Pitt brush marker I made black squiggle lines on top. I cut out an image from O magazine then glued that down. I mixed liquitex basic paint with modeling paste, then applied that with a knife on a brass arrow stencil. After drying that with a hair dryer, I glued down the quote.
The prompt for journal 52 week 25 was elements. I chose air as the element I wanted to do. It is the one that resonates with me the most.
Unlike most of my pages, I had an idea in my head beforehand. I started with my gel sticks to do the background. While that dried I turned to the trees. I glued dictionary paper I ripped up randomly to several pieces of card stock, then I used tree stamps with black archival ink. I colored the trees in with green gel sticks and neocolor ii. Then cut them all out. I cut out the sun and cloud from scrapbook paper then glued them down. As a final touch I printed out a quote using the printer. After cutting the quote out, I glued it down.
The prompt for journal 52 this week was questions and answers. I used distress stain and ink on the background. Then I cut up a little book on my home town of Altoona and glued it down. It was way too white, so I applied distress stain over top. After that was dry i glued down the images I had cut out from the same book.
It felt incomplete still. After leafing through my supplies I found a cut out butterfly. I used a stamp on cardstock for the face then cut that out and used Pitt brush markers to color it in. I glued the face behind the butterfly on the paper. Then added a stamped cage using black archival ink. As a final touch I used green gel stick on cardstock which I then wrote my question on in Pitt brush marker. After cutting that out and gluing it down I added my answer with letter stickers.